Indiana Army Ammunition Plant
The Indiana Army Ammunitions Plant consists of over 12,000 acres of abandoned military buildings. Believed to be the single largest abandonment in the United States, this former installation contains well over 1000 buildings. Built in 1942 to support the US efforts in WWII, the base continued to produce through the Korean and Vietnam Wars. All of the gates and doors were closed and locked at the end of the Cold War, prior to that point the base had been kept on "Standby Status," constantly ready to produce should war between the US and USSR have ever broken out.
Today, most of the larger buildings on the INAAP site have been demolished, or are slated to be demolished soon.
View from the rooftop of one of the power plants, looking across the grounds towards another power plant.
View inside the upper catwalks of one of the power plants.
View down a hallway inside one of the machine shops.
Bathroom door inside one of the power plants.
View out a window of a pumping station towards one of the power plants.